Creamy Hot Cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4-1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 4 cups whole milk
- Whipped Cream or Mini Marshmallows
- Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; add half and half.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk; stirring constantly, heat to desired serving temperature. Do Not Boil.
- Remove cocoa from heat; whisk or beat until frothy. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Warning.....Once you try this recipe, you will not be able to go back to the store bought powdered envelopes again, this is so much better, Enjoy!